Thursday, April 20, 2017

Again

I am again facing wheelchair problems. After arriving yesterday we decided to go out for lunch. Got out of the car and into the chair and SNAP my footrest broke off. This happens often enough to be tedious and it meant that we had to go into the restaurant and then do some shopping with me pushing while holding up one leg.

This is hard.

The good thing is my fitness level has changed since last a footrest broke and I was able to push fairly far and fairly fast even under these conditions, but, it needs to be fixed quickly. Have found a place to replace it and will get a new set tomorrow.

We were lucky this happened after getting through the airport and into a rental car and to the hotel. The big stuff was done. We were also lucky that I had the ability to manage with it fairly well today but that's where the luck ends.

This is a trip where I decided to challenge myself. I'm doing three brand new lectures, one of them a full day workshop. I didn't need to have the additional challenge of wheelchair problems along the way. But things happen when they happen and we deal because we have to deal.

Tomorrow my chair should be back in business.

I'm hoping that the universe understands, that, I'm not in need of any more lessons for a little while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope that for the next several days all your lessons are the easy ones! and that the new lectures go well.
clairesmum